December 2017 Students of the Month

Scoop Staff

Seventh grade:  Barrett Andel is the son of Russ and Jodi Andel.  He has one older sister, Payton, in ninth grade, and one younger sister, Kambri, in fourth grade. Barrett is consistently busy with activities throughout the year both inside and outside of school. He enjoys participating in football, wrestling, basketball, track, and FFA.  When Barrett isn’t busy with his in-school activities, you are most likely to find him hunting. In the little amount of free time that Barrett has, he likes to dedicate it to helping his grandpa.  

When Barrett found out he was chosen to be Student of the Month, he was immediately thankful for the honor.  Being the kind, caring, and hardworking person he is, he feels he was chosen to be this month’s Student of the Month because he tries his hardest in everything he does and he always leads by example by trying to help others in any way possible to do their best.  

• What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Opening presents from my family and watching Christmas movies
  • What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break? Spending time with my family and being able to sleep in

Eighth grade: Grace Farmer is the daughter of James and Beth Farmer of Bruno. She has four siblings, Hannah, James, Haley, and Jaxon. Grace is involved in volleyball, FCCLA, and FFA. During her free time, she spends most of it at her house and with family.

When Grace found out she was chosen as Student of the Month, she was surprised. She thinks she was considered for Student of the Month because she is a good person and helps anyone inside and outside of the classroom when they need it.

• What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Baking Christmas cookies and frosting them as a family
  • What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break? Being able to go and see all of my family

Freshman: Maya Couch is the daughter of Cortney and Heather Couch of David City. Maya has two siblings: an older sister, Olivia, and a younger sister, Avery. In school, Maya participates in volleyball, basketball, track, FCA, Student Council, One-Act, Stay-U, Speech, and SCOOP. Maya spends most of her free time at one of her activities, hanging out with her younger sister Avery, or relaxing on the couch.

Maya was excited when she found out she was Student of the Month, especially because her sisters both received it last month. She feels that she is a leader due to the fact that she’s not afraid to share her opinion, her upbeat and positive attitude, and her constant encouragement to others. On a similar note, Maya thinks she was considered Student of the Month because she’s always nice to other people, and she is always smiling. Maya also believes those are two of the qualities that make her a good person.

“I’m nice to people, I’m caring towards others, and I like to smile all the time to make people feel welcome,” Maya stated. “I also always try to make other people feel good, and I’m honest with people.”

• What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Hanging out with my cousins, staying up all night, and eating Ritz crackers
  • What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break? Being with my family, especially my cousins

Sophomore: Clayton Denker is the son of Chad and Chantel Denker of David City. Clayton is involved in football, track, FCA, STAY-U, president of sophomore class, member of Redeemer Lutheran Church, Quiz bowl, and keeps stats for the boys basketball team. He spends his free time hanging out with friends, playing video games, watching sports activities, and working out in the weight room.

Upon discovering the news of receiving Student of the Month, Clayton was excited. He always completes his homework as well as helps others understand a concept that may not come as easily to them. He often leads by example with his helpful, respectful, responsible, and dependable attitude. Clayton is a hard worker in and out of class and hopes to be a role model for others.

• What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Watching Christmas movies while eating popcorn and sugar cookies
  • What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break? Spending time with family and no homework or school

Junior: Allie Daro is the daughter of Jessica Daro of David City. Allie has a younger brother, Tre, and a younger sister, Ava. She is involved in many activities inside and outside of school. Activities Allie is involved in inside of school include, volleyball, basketball, track, cheer, dance, Stay-U, FCA, One-act hair and makeup, quizbowl, NHS, SCOOP, Stu-Co., FOR Club, and is also a school board representative. Outside of school Allie does softball, Desiree’s Dancers, and is part of Youth Action Board.

Allie feels she is a leader inside and outside of the classroom because she is helpful and sets a good example for others to follow. She feels she was considered Student of the Month because she is respectable to people as well as considerate and helpful. Qualities Allie has that she feels makes her a good person are she is hardworking, helpful, and nice. Whenever Allie has free time, she is usually at her outside of school activities, working on school work, or catching up on sleep.

• What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Hanging out at my grandparents’ house with my cousins and getting some time to sleep
  • What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break? Getting to see all my family and getting to relax

Senior: Jackson Hardin is the son of Rex and Jane Rehmer of David City and brother to Allegra Hardin. In school, he participates in Speech, One-Act, and National Honor Society. He is also an active member of the United Methodist Church where he does visual and sound. Jackson also takes part in the Masonic Highway Trash Pick-Up.

Jackson feels he is a good person because he tries to put others before himself and is always willing to help those in need. He also believes he was chosen for Student of the Month because he is a hard worker and tries to help people even if he only gets the littlest smile out of them when they are down.

• What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Binge watching all the VHS christmas movies
  • What are you looking forward to most about Christmas break? Spending time with my dad
  • December 2017 Students of the Month

National Honor Society Induction 2019

• December 2017 Students of the Month

03.12.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

03.05.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

03.04.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

03.01.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

02.28.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

02.27.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

02.25.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

02.21.19

• December 2017 Students of the Month

02.19.19

December 2017 Students of the Month