September 2017 Students of the Month

Scoop Staff

Seventh grade: Keetyn Valentine is the daughter of Ernie and Laurel Valentine of David City. Keetyn has three brothers, Morgen, Jacson, and Brittin, as well as a sister, Hayden. Keetyn is actively involved in many activities throughout the school including volleyball, basketball, track, FFA, and FCA.

Keetyn feels she is a good person by being positive and pushing others to do their best. She feels she is a leader by choosing the right things to do and setting an example for others to follow. When Keetyn first found out she was Student of the Month, she was surprised. She thinks she was considered Student of the Month because of her hard work and attitude toward school.

• What was your favorite part about Homecoming week? Animal day because of everyone’s costumes
  • What are you looking forward to most this school year? Having fun with friends, socializing, and being involved in activities

Eighth grade: Lili Eickmeier is the daughter of Kenny and Shelli Eickmeier of Bellwood. She has three older siblings, Abby, Morgan, and Harley, and one younger sister, Grace. At school, Lili is involved in volleyball, basketball, track, and soccer outside of school. She said that she spends a lot of her free time at sports’ practices or with family.  

When Lili found out she was Student of the Month, she was happy and proud of herself. She thinks she was chosen because she is involved in a lot of activities and helps people inside and outside of the classroom. Lili also thinks she was also chosen for Student of the Month because she is a good leader and a fun person to be around.

• What was your favorite part about Homecoming week? The football game and seeing the homecoming candidates, especially the King and Queen
  • What are you looking forward to most this school year? Track season

Freshman: Payton Andel is the daughter of Russ and Jodi Andel of David City. Payton has two younger siblings: Barrett and Kambri. She is involved in volleyball, basketball, track, FFA, and FCA. Payton spends most of her free time at one of her activities or supporting other teams.

Payton’s first reaction when she found out that she was selected to be Student of the Month was excitement. When asked why she thought she was chosen, Payton said that she believes she is a role model in and out of the classroom. She also thinks that she exemplifies leadership, whether inside or outside of the classroom, by helping other students and setting a good example.

• What was your favorite part about Homecoming week? Seeing the teachers dress up
  • What are you looking forward to most this school year? The rest of the athletic seasons

Sophomore: Daphne Vizcarra-Navarro is the daughter of Ericka Navarro-Gallardo and Jorge Garcia. She has one sister, Regina, who is in second grade. Daphne is involved in cheer, band, FCA, STAY-U, and One-Act. She enjoys playing with her dog and watching movies with her sister.

Daphne jumped with joy upon finding out her place as Student of the Month, going home and informing her mom of her accomplishment. Daphne finds herself very social and welcoming. She believes her spot was earned by showcasing her positive mindset and her respect for teachers. Daphne is a leader and tries to make everyone feel welcome here at DCHS. She is a role model for her sister as well as her classmates at the elementary. Daphne shows her leadership by encouraging her peers to be at their best.

• What was your favorite part about Homecoming week? Seeing all the different outfits for dress-up days, enjoying Twister Tuesday the most
  • What are you looking forward to most this school year? Cheering at more games and trying One-Act for the first time

Junior: Ebani Filbert is the daughter of Dawn and Russ Filbert of Columbus. She has one older sister named Erica. Ebani is involved in NHS, FCCLA, Stay-U, choir, Zero-K, and will be joining One-Act this year. Ebani said she spends most of her time at one of those after school activities or hanging out with friends.

Ebani said she was surprised that she was Student of the Month so soon in the year. She thinks she was chosen because she has good grades and is involved in school activities.  She also believes that some qualities that make her a good person are her willingness to help out others, being easy to talk to, and being outgoing when the situation demands it. Ebani feels she is a leader inside and outside the classroom because she attempts to tackle problems head on and doesn’t procrastinate.

• What was your favorite part about Homecoming week? The dance
  • What are you looking forward to most this school year? Speech season

Senior: Colin Vandenberg is the son of John and Linda Vandenberg of David City. Growing up, he was the third child of four total children. He has an older brother, Nolan, an older sister, Dana, and a younger sister, Lauren. Colin is actively involved in football, basketball, track, and baseball.

He feels that his positive attitude and willingness to help others contributed to him being selected as the September Student of the Month. During his free time, Colin likes to watch other sports teams both within our school and outside.

• What was your favorite part about Homecoming week? Becoming King!
  • What are you looking forward to most this school year? Playing my final year of sports with the people I enjoy being around

• September 2017 Students of the Month

National Honor Society Induction 2019

• September 2017 Students of the Month

03.12.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

03.05.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

03.04.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

03.01.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

02.28.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

02.27.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

02.25.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

02.21.19

• September 2017 Students of the Month

02.19.19

September 2017 Students of the Month