Review: Small Town Blooms brings variety to David City

Owner Corin Pflum stands behind the counter waiting to serve customers. The shop is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Renee Backstrom

It was a big surprise to me when I learned that David City would be getting a coffee/flower shop. I have always said that our quaint town needed something to make it feel more like a small town. As an avid coffee drinker, I couldn’t wait to not have to drive to Columbus to get a “fancy” coffee drink.

Just looking at the outside of the shop leaves visitors with a warm feeling of hominess and comfort. Immediately to your right when you walk in the door is a beautiful sitting space located next to the windows in the front of the store. I can just imagine people sitting there having a coffee date full of laughter with friends.

You are then greeted by a huge open space full of different products. Shop owners Corin and Eric Pflum not only sell coffee and floral arrangements, but they also sell clothing, balloons, and decorative items. It is nice to have those little items available when you are there getting coffee, since it is such a big space.

I know a number of people went to Small Town Blooms for their Homecoming flowers, and I heard numerous positive reviews. I did not buy my flowers there, but the bouquets we received for being on Homecoming Court were magnificent. The little items added to fit our theme were perfect, and overall they were placed together beautifully.

I mainly go into Small Town Blooms to get coffee, and let me just tell you, the coffee does not disappoint. I am someone who likes a darker coffee and my friends like a creamier coffee, and when we go there, we can all find something that fits our preferences.

Their first drink on the menu is called The Bloom. It is described on their menu as espresso with chocolate, caramel syrup, and milk, and it can be served hot or cold. This is the one I have seen most of my friends get. It is very rich and creamy with the caramel and chocolate both added; it is definitely perfect for you if you have a sweet tooth.

Every time I go to Small Town Blooms I get a vanilla latte. It sounds plain, but it is definitely the drink for me. It gives me the definite taste of coffee to keep me awake, but it also has the frothy milk to make it more pleasurable to drink. Small Town Blooms also has many seasonal or special drinks, so if you can’t find something you like right away you can keep trying new things.

If you aren’t a coffee drinker, that is fine because Small Town Blooms also sells smoothies. The main smoothies on their menu are strawberry, peach, mango, and wild berry. I am sure you could even put those together if you wanted to make your own creation.

The prices ranges anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 per drink depending on what you add. I believe that is a fair amount for the quality of the coffee given. My only complaint would have to be that I want a bigger size of cup for more coffee!

Small Town Blooms is definitely a good addition to David City. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone who wants a good cup of coffee, cute decorations for their house, or floral arrangements. Don’t just take my opinion for it though; go try it for yourself. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

• Review: Small Town Blooms brings variety to David City

Elementary students gain confidence with youth football program

News

FCCLA members learn valuable insights at conference

10.18.2017

News

Fields of Faith: We play as one

Opinion

Column: Random drug tests gain speed in Nebraska high schools

10.17.2017

10.16.2017

10.13.2017

News

Outdoor movie night moved inside; does not dampen moods.

10.12.2017