Scout softball takes the win on Parents’ Night

Senior Jordan Roberts pitches the first five innings. Sophomore Aspyn Harris came in the last two innings to pitch for the Scouts.

Macy Svoboda, Co-Editor

The conjoined softball team including David City, East Butler, and Shelby-Rising City defeated the Boone Central Cardinals 10-8 for their Parents’ Night game on Tues. Aug., 29.

DCEBSRC began the game slowly, not putting any points on the scoreboard until the bottom of the fifth inning. At this time, Boone Central had already scored three runs.

Senior Debbie White hit a double to left to score, putting the Scouts in the lead. The Scouts continued their comeback with another base hit as well as a defensive throwing error, allowing sophomore Sophie Mefford to put another run on the board. At the end of the fifth inning, the Scouts took an 8-3 lead.

In the top of the sixth, the Scouts made some errors, allowing the Cardinals to score a couple more points. Two more errors allowed Boone Central to bring in more runs.

With a score of 8-8, the Scouts began the bottom of the sixth inning. Because of pitching and throwing errors by the Cardinals, the Scouts were able to gain the lead once again. A double by White brought in another run, and the Scouts ended the sixth inning with a 10-8 lead.

We stayed alive throughout the whole game, even when we were down 3-0 for the first five innings,” White said. “We really sent the ball in the last couple of innings.”

As they moved into the final inning, all the Scouts had to do was play tough defense and not allow any runs for the Cardinals. The Scouts sent the Cardinals back to the dugout with three up, three down. Scouts won the game 10-8.

The Scouts next game will be on Tues., Sept. 5 at home for the David City Triangular, as well as on Thurs., Sept. 7 at Bishop Neumann.