Scouts push to the finish at Milford Invitational

Sophomore Allie Daro hands off to sophomore Morgan Eickmeier. Eickmeier was the last leg for the 4x800 relay team, where they placed fourth.

Macy Svoboda, Co-Editor

The Scout track team competed in Malcolm on Tues., Apr. 11 at the Milford Invitational. The girls’ team ended seventh with 27 points and the boys’ team finished sixth with 67 points.

The Invitational began at 2 p.m. with field events. Long jump was first for girls and boys jumps. Sophomore Macy Svoboda placed third for the girls with a jump of 14’ 8 ½”.

Shortly after long jump was triple jump in which sophomore Carter Ossian placed third with a jump of 38’ 10”, which was also his new personal record.

Along with the jumps were the throwers. Senior Ryan Worm and junior Colin Vandenberg both made finals in shotput. Vandenberg set a new personal record of 38’ 8 ½”.

Worm also made it into finals for discuss with a throw of 114’ 3”.

The running events began with the 3200 M relay. The girls’ relay team consisting of freshman Kristen Bell and sophomores Olivia Bell, Allie Daro, and Morgan Eickmeier, placed fourth.

Running the 3200 M, freshman Dalton Krause placed sixth with a time of 11:59.19.

Next was the 100/110 hurdles. Senior Becca Meusch advanced to the finals in the 100 M hurdles.

In the 400 M race, sophomore Luis Salazar placed third and freshman Hunter Behrns tied for fifth place. Both Salazar and Behrns set new personal records.

Salazar also went on to place second in the 800 M run with a time of 2:12.

Following the 800 M run was the 300 M hurdles for both girls and boys. Meusch placed second for the girls with a time of 53.1 seconds while Behrns placed third for the boys with a time of 48.1 seconds.

Pushing on, the next running event was the mile. Senior Ross Kirby placed second for the boys’ team with a time of 4:50.

The first relay to take place after the mile run was the 4×100. The girls’ relay team consisting of Meusch, Svoboda, Kirsten Bell, and Eickmeier, placed fifth.

In the 4×400 relay, the girls’ team placed sixth, which included Meusch, Kirsten Bell, Eickmeier, and Daro. The boys’ relay  team of Ross Kirby, Salazar, Behrns, and junior Riley Kirby placed first.

Ending the meet was the weightman relay in which both the boys’ and the girls’ teams participated. The girls’ relay team of Olivia Bell, sophomore Evelyn Carreto, and freshmen Miranda Stearns and Vivian Palencia placed fifth. The boys’ weightman relay placed third with Worm, Vandenberg, sophomore Trent Theewen, and freshman Ethan Dietrich.

Each meet I expect all to succeed, not to necessarily win their event, but to improve or reach a personal goal,” said Girls Head Coach Brian Hermelbracht.

The Scouts then went on to compete at the Wahoo Invitational on Thurs., Apr. 13 and at the Centennial Invitational on Tues., Apr. 18. Their next competition will be on Tues., Apr. 25 at Wisner-Pilger.

• Scouts push to the finish at Milford Invitational

Rachel’s Challenge inspires positivity among students

08.18.2017

08.17.2017

08.15.2017

08.14.2017

08.11.2017

08.10.2017

2017 Alumni Dinner

State Track 2017

DCPS teachers say their goodbyes after 30 years of service