DCHS music students spread holiday cheer at annual concert

Brittney Palik

David City Middle and High School music students showcased a variety of holiday songs at the annual Winter Music Concert on Mon., Dec. 18.

The night was kicked off by the middle school band, playing two songs, followed by the high school band who played 3 songs. The bands played both traditional holiday songs and some that were lesser known.

“I feel it went really well. Learning the rhythms and being flexible with changes was a bit of a challenge,” junior Anthony Scribner said.

The concert was then shifted to the choir portion of the night. Three different choirs performed: the 7th-grade choir, the 8th-grade choir, and the high school choir. The 7th graders started by singing two songs. The 8th-grade choir sang next, also singing two songs. Band Director Joseph Brumm stated that, usually, he saves singing three-part songs for high school choir students, but felt the 8th graders were ready to take that step now.

The concert ended with a performance from the high school choir, singing three songs. The final song was a combination of 23 traditional Christmas Carols.

“Overall I think it went really well, and the songs were songs that the audience would know and recognize. Everyone performed very well,” senior choir member Riley Hlavac said.