November 2018 Students of the Month

SCOOP Staff

Chloe Zegers

Seventh grade: Chloe Zegers is a seventh grader at David City High School. She lives with her brother, Ethan Zegers, and her parents, Tonya and Brian Zegers. Chloe is involved in volleyball, dance, band, track, and FCCLA. Chloe likes to think of herself as a good person because she is organized, supportive, and kind to all of those around her. In her free time, Chloe likes to be at home with her family or hang out with friends.

When Chloe first found out she was Student of the Month, she said she was kind of amazed and super shocked that she was even thought of for the position. Chloe believes she was nominated because she constantly works hard in school, gets good grades, and sets high expectations in the classroom. Chloe believes she is a leader within DCHS because she is willing to help anyone with questions, whether it be about homework or personal problems. Chloe enjoys Thanksgiving as Chloe and her family sometimes make their way up to Wyoming to see Chloe’s uncle for the holiday. Her favorite part about Thanksgiving, however, is just spending time with her family.

• Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition, and if so, what is it? In past years, we’ve gone to Wyoming to my Uncle’s
  • What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? Just hanging out with family

Ava Neujahr

Eighth grade: Ava Neujahr is the daughter of Leslie and Jess Neujahr. Ava is the only child of the Neujahr family. When she is in school, Ava participates in volleyball, basketball, track, FCCLA, and band. When Ava is not in school, you can find her in her room or bettering herself at something related to one of the sports she plays.

Ava thinks she was chosen for Student of the Month because she is involved in a lot. She also thinks that she is a nice person, forgives people easily, and doesn’t get revenge on people. She feels as if she is a leader inside and outside of the classroom because she gives everyone a voice, and she doesn’t tell anyone that they have to do something a certain way. When  Ava found out she was Student of the Month, she didn’t really believe it at first.

• Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition, and if so, what is it? My dad’s side of the family coming over to my house. Everyone brings food to the buffet and we all eat together while we watch the Husker game
  • What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? The food and having my family over

Emily Glodowski

Freshman: Emily Glodowski is the daughter of Missy and Daryl Glodowski.  Emily has a younger sister, Hailey, and one older sister, Molly. Emily plays volleyball, basketball, and track. When she isn’t playing sports she participates in STAY-U and FCA. When she found out she was Student of the Month, she was very proud of herself and immediately told her mom.  Some qualities Emily has that makes her feel she is a good person is being a happy person and has a very bright smile. She also believes that she is a leader in and outside of school because she is willing to help anyone.

• Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition? All my family does is just get together and celebrate and eat food
  • What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? My favorite part of Thanksgiving is gathering with family to eat and catch up

Clayton Harris

Sophomore: Clayton Harris is the son of Ron Harris of David City and Roz Harris of Las Vegas. Clayton is involved in many activities in school, including cross country, wrestling, track, One-Act, speech, FFA, FCCLA, FCA, STAY-U, Quiz Bowl, band, choir, Zero-K, and FOR Club.

Clayton believes he was considered for Student of the Month because he is involved in many activities and has a positive attitude. He feels he is a good person because he is sweet, outgoing, funny, and doesn’t put himself first. He also feels he is a leader because he looks on the bright side and tries to start activities.

• Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition, and if so, what is it? No
  • What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? Family gatherings and playing card games, video games, and board games.

Amber Vobril

Junior: Amber Voboril is the daughter of Diane Warland and Lany Cooper of David City. Amber has two siblings; Aaron and Ashton. While in school, Amber is involved with FOR Club and actively participates in Desiree’s Dancers. When Amber has free time, she spends most of it working a part-time job at Didier’s and also spending time with her friends and family.

When Amber found out she was Student of the Month she was surprised and excited. She thinks she was chosen as Student of the Month because she gets good grades and is nice to everyone.

• Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition, and if so, what is it? Eating with family and Black Friday shopping.
  • What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? Seeing family and eating pie

Morgan Eickmeier

Senior: Morgan Eickmeier is the daughter of Kenny and Shelli Eickmeier of Bellwood. Morgan is the second oldest of five children. Her siblings include Abby, Harley, Lili, and Grace. Morgan is involved in volleyball, track, Quiz Bowl, FCA, National Honor Society, and 4-H. She is also a wrestling manager and the co-president of STAY-U. When she’s not at school or one of her activities, Morgan is typically at work or in her bed.

Morgan thinks that she is a good person because she is kind, friendly, and easy to get along with. She also thinks that those skills translate to being a leader inside and outside of the classroom, in addition to leading by example and doing the right thing. Morgan was excited when she found out that she was Student of the Month because she believes she works hard during class and earning Student of the Month is one way her hard work is paying off.

• Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition, and if so, what is it? Having a family reunion and seeing all my cousins, aunts, and uncles
  • What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? Definitely food and shopping
  • November 2018 Students of the Month

National Honor Society Induction 2019

• November 2018 Students of the Month

03.12.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

03.05.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

03.04.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

03.01.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

02.28.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

02.27.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

02.25.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

02.21.19

• November 2018 Students of the Month

02.19.19

November 2018 Students of the Month