Scouts fall short against hometown rivals

Madisen Paulson

The David City High School Football team lost to their hometown rivals, the Aquinas Catholic Monarchs, 7-46 on Fri., Sept. 28.

Since it was Parents’ Night for the players, the night started off differently than normal. Parents of seniors Will Danielson, Nick Ruth, Trent Theewen, Colby Hopkins, Cody Sabata,  Luis Salazar, Justin White, and Douglas Alvarado were announced and given carnations.

As the game began, things started out slow for both teams with a score of 8-0; Aquinas taking the lead at the end of the first quarter.

“We prepared just like any other game. We knew they were a tough team, and that we couldn’t make mental errors if we wanted to be in the game,” senior Will Danielson said. “I think we have grown a ton. From the first game up until now, we have been improving every single week and we try and take a step forward each practice.”

Heading into the second quarter, the Scouts had a tough fight against Aquinas’ offense and ended the quarter 30-0.

“I want us to play without fear of failure. I thought that we weren’t at our best against Aquinas, so I want everyone to be fired up to get another win this Friday,” Danielson said.

During halftime, dancers and band performed. After that, FFA members were recognized.

Moving into the third, the Scouts started to pick up the pace but couldn’t manage to keep up with Aquinas and ended the quarter 36-7.

At the end of the fourth quarter, the Scouts were unable to score any more and ended the game with a score of 46-7.

“Our varsity players have yet to play a game where they play all four quarters with great effort and execution. When we lose, it’s often because we defeat ourselves by committing too many mistakes. I hope at our next game we can play each quarter with nearly perfect execution,” Coach Trevor Krenk said. “We are hard to beat when we do.”

The season for the Scouts is coming to a rapid end with only two games left. On Thurs., Oct. 11, the Scouts will have their last home game of the season against Centennial at 6:30 p.m. and on Fri., Oct. 19, they have an away game vs. North Bend at 7:00 p.m.

• Scouts fall short against hometown rivals

12.17.18

Scouts split against Panthers

12.14.18

12.13.18

12.12.18

12.11.18

12.10.18

12.07.18

12.06.18

12.04.19