October 2018 Students of the Month

Scoop Staff

Seventh grade: Zoii Swantek is the daughter of Jessica and Jared Swantek of Bellwood. Zoii plays soccer outside of school and will be in basketball. When Zoii found out she was Student of the Month she was surprised and thinks she was considered because of how hard she tries in school.

Zoii feels she is a leader inside and outside of school because she is helpful. Some qualities Zoii has that she feels makes her a good person is being friendly, happy, and weird. In her free time, Zoii is usually spending her time outside. She also enjoys drawing in her room.

• What is your favorite thing about fall? Leaves and activities
  • What are you looking forward to for the rest of the school year? Hanging out with friends

Eighth grade: Courtlyn Keeling is the daughter of Shane and Kelcie Keeling of David City. She has one brother named Creighton. While in school, Courtlyn participates in FFA, volleyball, basketball, and track. When Courtlyn is not doing these activities, she spends a lot of spare time doing volunteer work around the community. Along with that, she also enjoys spending time with her friends and family.

When Courtlyn found out she was Student of the Month she was excited. She thinks she was chosen as Student of the Month because she thinks of herself as a good role model. Courtlyn will help anyone if they need it and always does her best to communicate and follow directions.

• What is your favorite thing about fall? All of the different smells
  • What are you looking forward to for the rest of the school year?  All of the activities coming

Freshman: Neely Behrns is the daughter of Brian and Tracy Behrns of David City. Neely has two siblings: Hunter, a sophomore, and Kamryn, a fifth grader. In school, Neely participates in volleyball, basketball, track, STAY-U, and FCA. She is also the freshman class secretary. When not in school or one of her activities, Neely is typically watching other school events.

Neely thinks that she was chosen as Student of the Month because she works hard to be involved and to earn good grades. She also thinks that she’s helpful, and Neely says she tries to be a good example for other people to follow. When Neely found out that she was Student of the Month, she was proud of herself. She was happy to know her hard work and effort pays off.

• What is your favorite thing about fall? Everything
  • What are you looking forward to for the rest of the school year? Sports

Sophomore: David Maxwell is the son of Tina and Robert Maxwell of David City. He has a brother, Malcolm, and a sister, Cassandra. David is involved in Zero-K, band, golf, and is part of the One-Act crew. He spends most of his free time outside of school either at the pond or at home.

When he found out he was Student of the Month, he was surprised because it was a first for him. David feels that his outgoing attitude and his willingness to help people are qualities that make him a good person. He feels that he is a leader inside and outside of the classroom because he always tries to put his input in during class. He feels his qualities and his leadership are reasons why he was chosen for student of the month.

• What is your favorite thing about fall? Colors of leaves, temperature change
  • What are you looking forward to for the rest of the school year? Looking forward to One-Act and band

Junior: Riley Paseka is the son of Amber Harris and Jesse Albers of Linwood. He has three siblings: Jackson and Alexis Harris and Marianna Albers. Riley is involved One-Act and Zero-K. When he’s not in school, he is usually playing video games.

Upon finding out he was chosen for Student of the Month, only one word came to his mind– wow. Riley feels he was picked because he does well in class. Riley doesn’t feel as though he is a leader but that he is recognized as somebody who stays quiet and doesn’t start problems with others.

• What is your favorite thing about fall? I like the weather. It’s cooler outside and not hot

• What are you looking forward to for the rest of the school year? The end of the year, other than that I don’t know. I just go with the flow

Senior: Elena Tomas is the daughter of Juana Nolasco of David City. Elena feels she is a good person because she is understanding, a good listener, and is patient with others. When not in school, Elena is either reading or doing homework.

When Elena found out she was Student of the Month, she was surprised but thankful. She feels she is a leader in and out of the classroom because she listens to everyone’s ideas and tries to incorporate them so everyone is included.

• What is your favorite thing about fall? Being able to wear sweaters and sweats
  • What are you looking forward to for the rest of the school year? Having fun and meeting new people

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.17.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

Scouts split against Panthers

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.14.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.13.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.12.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.11.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.10.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.07.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.06.18

• October 2018 Students of the Month

12.04.19

October 2018 Students of the Month