2018 Homecoming Candidates

Back to Article
Back to Article

2018 Homecoming Candidates

The 2018 Homecoming Candidates. Front Row (L-R): Ashley Roemmich, Morgan Eickmeier, Allie Daro, Macy Svoboda, and Laurel Ockander. Back Row (L-R): Noah Styskal, Nick Ruth, Will Danielson, Carter Ossian, and Justin White.

Courtesy Photo: Tessa Vrbicky

Courtesy Photo: Tessa Vrbicky

Courtesy Photo: Tessa Vrbicky

Allie Daro

Allison Daro

Allison Daro is the daughter of Jessica Daro of David City. Allie plans to study pre-medicine with hopes of becoming a pediatrician or a trauma surgeon; however, she is unsure where she’d like to attend. Allie is involved in volleyball, basketball, National Honor Society, cheerleading, STAY-U, track, Scoop, Wellness Council, FCA, One Act, Student Council, Platinum Dance, Quiz Bowl, FOR Club, and the school board. Allie is the Student Council secretary, a basketball captain, a co-president of STAY-U, a co-editor for Scoop, and the National Honor Society treasurer. She also used to be involved in Leadership Club. Allie is on High Honor Roll, has earned the Daughters of the American Revolution Youth Citizenship Award twice, and received third place in the VFW Voice of Democracy essay contest. Allie is a three-time Varsity letter winner in basketball and track, and she is a two-time Varsity letter winner in volleyball and dance. She was also an alternate for Girls State. Outside of school, Allie participates in BBYC, YAB, Desiree’s Dancers, and Seward Jazz softball. She is also an active member of St. Francis Catholic Church, which she volunteers through, she attended the Bryan Biomedical Sciences camp, and she is a CNA. Allie has also volunteered as a bell ringer for the Salvation Army, at the Blood Drive through DCHS, with the Backpack Program, at Parent-Teacher Conferences, and at the Youth Cheer and Dance Camp.

Morgan Eickmeier

Morgan Eickmeier is the daughter of Kenny and Shelli Eickmeier of Bellwood. She plans to attend Northeast for two years before transferring to the University of Nebraska Medical Center to earn a degree in nursing. She participates in volleyball, National Honor Society, STAY-U, track, Wellness Council, FOR Club, Quiz Bowl, and as a wrestling manager. She is a co-president of STAY-U. Morgan used to be a member of Leadership Club, also. She has received the Daughters of the American Revolution Youth Citizenship Award, Varsity letters in volleyball and track, and a third-team All-Conference nomination in volleyball. Morgan also is on the High Honor Roll and was selected to attend Girls’ State. In the community, Morgan participates in 4-H and is a member of St. Peter’s Catholic Church. She volunteers for church events, the Salvation Army as a bell ringer, the alumni tours, and the Chad Fuller Pancake Feed.

Laurel Ockander

Laurel Ockander is the daughter of Sara and Jarod Ockander of David City. She plans to attend Bryan College of Health Sciences to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing. Eventually, Laurel would like to become a Registered Nurse. Laurel is involved in FFA, band, National Honor Society, speech, Speech, One Act, Student Council, Quiz Bowl, Job’s Daughters, and 4-H. Laurel is currently the president of National Honor Society, the president of FFA, and a 4-H council member. In FFA, she has previously held the positions of both Reporter and Vice President. She has been a part of the State Champion One Act team and the three-time State Champion Speech team. Laurel is also a two-time individual champion in Speech, an NSAA Believers and Achievers nominee, an Elks Student of the Month nominee, and a recipient of the Daughters of the American Revolution Citizenship Award. She is also on the Honor Roll. Laurel also works at St. Joseph’s Villa as a CNA. In the community, she has volunteered at the Chad Fuller Pancake Feed, the St. Joseph’s Villa Craft Fair, Feed the Farmer, at the Masonic Lodge, the Scare Away Hunger food drive, as a bell ringer for the Salvation Army, a meal packager for Meals for Hope, and an announcer at the Butler County fair.

Ashley Roemmich

Ashley Roemmich is the daughter of Stephanie and David Roemmich of David City. She plans to earn her Bachelor’s of Science in Elementary Education at the University of Nebraska-Kearney. Ashley is involved in National Honor Society, STAY-U, Speech, Wellness Council, One Act, Student Council, and Quiz Bowl. She is the Student Council president and the National Honor Society vice-president. Previously, she was a member of the band. Ashley is included on the High Honor Roll, was a part of the three-time State Champion Speech team, and acted on the One Act State Champion team. Throughout the community, she has volunteered for the Blood Drive at DCHS, the Backpack Program, the Salvation Army as a bell ringer, and the Fuller Pancake Feed.

Macy Svoboda

Macy Svoboda is the daughter of Randy and Barb Svoboda of David City. After graduation, Macy plans to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to receive a Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Macy is currently involved in volleyball, basketball, National Honor Society, STAY-U, Speech, Track, Scoop, and the Platinum Dance Team. She is a co-editor for Scoop and a captain on the basketball team. In previous years, Macy was a member of Quiz Bowl, FCA, and Student Council. Macy has received awards such as being named the All-Tournament player at the DCHS Holiday Tournament, and she has been on the Honor Roll for the entirety of her high school career. In her free time, Macy has volunteered for the Red Cross Blood Drive, and she has rung bells for the Salvation Army.

William Danielson

William Danielson is the son of Kelly and Julie Danielson of David City. Will plans to receive a major in Biological Systems Engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He currently participates in basketball, National Honor Society, football, golf, Student Council, and Quiz Bowl. He is the Senior Class President, and a captain on both the football and basketball teams. Will was also nominated for the NSAA Believers and Achievers Scholarship. In the community, Will is a member of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, and he played on the David City American Legion Post 125 baseball team.

Carter Ossian

Carter Ossian is the son of Joey and Deb Ossian of David City. After graduation, Carter plans to attend Wayne State College to study pre-professional Physical Therapy before transferring to the University of Nebraska Medical Center to receive his doctorate in Physical Therapy. Carter is involved with National Honor Society, STAY-U, Speech, cross country, track, FCA, One Act, Student Council, and Quiz Bowl. He is the National Honor Society secretary, the Senior Class Treasurer, and a captain of the cross country team. Carter was a member of the three-time State Champion Speech team and the State Champion One Act team. He was also an Academic All-State selection for cross country and track, the VFW Voice of Democracy champion, and an attendee of Boys State. Carter is a High Honor Roll recipient. He volunteers at church fundraisers and as a server at mass. Carter also volunteered to work alongside veterans at the Marine Corps League, helping with events and meetings.

Nicholas Ruth

Nicholas Ruth is the son of Judd and Lisa Ruth of Rising City. Nick plans to attend Northeast Community College in Norfolk to earn an Associate’s degree in Mechanized Agriculture following graduation. Nick is a member of the football, basketball, and track teams. He also participates in FOR Club and FFA, in which he was previously an officer. Nick has received three Varsity letters in football, basketball, and track. He has also been on the Honor Roll every year, and he was an FFA State Qualifier in Nursery and Landscape Management. Within the community, Nick is an usher at Immanuel Lutheran Church, a Vacation Bible School helper, a scorekeeper at the annual youth basketball tournament, and a helper at various youth sports camps.

Noah Styskal

Noah Styskal is the son of Brian and Lynn Styskal of David City. After high school, Noah isn’t sure where he would like to continue his education, but he plans to pursue a degree in Culinary Arts and would like to wrestle at the collegiate level. Noah is a member of the wrestling team, the Wellness Council, the golf team, and Student Council. He is also the Senior Class vice-president. Noah has previously been involved with cross country, track, and football. Noah is also on Honor Roll. He also is a member of the Redeemer Lutheran Church, which he does community service through.

Justin White

Justin White is the son of Jon and Angie White of Ulysses. Justin hopes to wrestle at the collegiate level, but he is undecided on a major or school. Justin is a member of FFA, STAY-U, the wrestling team, and the football team. He is a captain on both the wrestling and football teams. Justin also used to participate in track. Justin has been on both the Honor Roll and the Honor Roll Honorable Mention. Outside of school, Justin participates in activities with the David City Wrestling Club.

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.17.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

Scouts split against Panthers

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.14.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.13.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.12.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.11.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.10.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.07.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.06.18

• 2018 Homecoming Candidates

12.04.19

2018 Homecoming Candidates