March 2018 Students of the Month

Scoop Staff

Seventh grade: Cassidy Weiser is the daughter of Darci Betzen, Eric Betzen, and Ron Weiser of David City. She has two older siblings, Lee and Jake, and one younger sibling, Alec. Cassidy participates in volleyball, track, soccer, and softball. When Cassidy is not doing these activities, you can find her on her bed relaxing.

When Cassidy found out she was Student of the Month, she was excited. Cassidy thinks she was chosen to be the Student of the Month because of her good behavior and good grades. She feels like she is a leader inside and outside of the classroom because she gets things done. Some qualities that Cassidy believes make her a good person are that she is good at listening and that she gives good advice.

• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If so, how? No.
  • What are you looking forward to most this spring? Warmer weather.

Eighth grade: Jaley Schultz is the daughter of James and Jenny Schultz of Bellwood. She has a younger sister, Jenacy.  Jaley wasn’t involved in any school activities this year, but she likes to play volleyball and basketball, and she does dance outside of school. When Jaley has free time, she is usually practicing dance at the studio.

Upon finding out she was chosen as Student of the Month, Jaley was very excited and happy. She feels she was considered because she is a helpful and kind person with good qualities. Inside and outside of the classroom, Jaley is always willing to help and is very social and caring.

• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If so, how? I don’t really celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
  • What are you looking forward to most this spring? Getting to do a bunch of activities outside and just do outdoor things.

Freshman: Natalie Blum is the daughter of Jeff and Ranae Blum of David City. She has one younger sister, Kailey. Natalie is involved in volleyball, basketball, FCA, track, FFA, Stay-U, and recently made the dance team. She spends most of her time outside of school either practicing sports or hanging out with friends and family.

When Natalie found out she was Student of the Month, she was jumping up and down and was really excited because she had something to prove that she was improving in school. Natalie believes her good attitude on everything and her caring personality are qualities that make her a good person. She believes she was selected for Student of the Month because whenever there’s someone in class who is struggling, she always tries to help them out.

• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If so, how? Not really, but I always where the color green.
  • What are you looking forward to most this spring? Easter and spending time with my family.

Sophomore: Spencer Allen is the son of Darrell and Heather Allen of David City. Spencer is the oldest of two children; his younger brother, Stanley, is in fifth grade. If Spencer isn’t working on the farm with his family he is probably doing a sport or participating in a club at DCHS. He is involved in football, wrestling, golf, FFA, FCA, NHS, Stay-U, and also plays the saxophone in band.

Spencer said that he was proud when he found out he was Student of the Month. He figured he became Student of the Month because he believes he is a good student in the classroom, works well with others, and takes pride in his work and grades. He also tries to be the best role model for his fellow classmates and younger students.

“I sometimes take a less active leadership role, but I always try to lead through my good decisions and by being a positive role model for others,” Spencer stated.

• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If so, how? My mother always makes soda bread, a traditional Irish bread, because of our Irish heritage.
  • What are you looking forward to most this spring? Warmer weather and warmer spring rains.

Junior: Morgan Eickmeier is the daughter of Kenny and Shelli Eickmeier from Bellwood. She has four siblings, Abby, Harley, Lili, and Grace. Morgan is involved in volleyball, track, Stay-U, FOR Club, NHS, quiz bowl, and is a wrestling manager. When Morgan isn’t busy with school activities, she is most likely spending time with family and friends or at work.

When Morgan found out she was Student of the Month, she was excited. She thinks she was chosen because she’s a good student, pays attention in class, and is a leader to other students.

“I think I set a good example for others to follow, and I’m kind to other students,” Morgan said.

• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If so, how? No I don’t.
  • What are you looking forward to most this spring? The warm weather.

Senior: Cole Martinez is the son of Carol Martinez of Ulysses and George Martinez of David City. He has one sister, Kylee Martinez. Cole is involved in FCCLA, band, and 4H. Outside of school, he is usually out with friends. Cole feels he gets along with others, has a positive attitude, is hard working, and is kind.

“I was honored. I think it’s really cool to be recognized as a student that does well in the school. I try my hardest in everything I do, both in and out of school. I generally try to help others with anything they may need, and I think teachers see that,” Cole said.

• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If so, how? Yes, I always eat corn beef and cabbage, it’s one of my favorite foods. I usually spend St. Patrick’s Day with my parents, but this year I spent it with friends.
  • What are you looking forward to most this spring? Graduating.
  • March 2018 Students of the Month

National Honor Society Induction 2019

• March 2018 Students of the Month

03.12.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

03.05.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

03.04.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

03.01.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

02.28.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

02.27.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

02.25.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

02.21.19

• March 2018 Students of the Month

02.19.19

March 2018 Students of the Month